Friday, June 03, 2005

I'm Baaaaack!

Well, after an absence of several weeks, I'm blogging again (sounds like a song...) The hills are alive with the sound of...blog?

Anyway, I've finished renovating my family room (in my historic house, a Dutch Colonial built in 1912), and I've just sent off to the publisher
(Applause) my latest film study manuscript, for Mercy in Her Eyes: The Films of Mira Nair. And I've completed the proofs and photo captions on Singing a New Tune: The Re-Birth of the Modern Film Musical from Evita to De-Lovely and Beyond (due now in late August/early September.) So it's been a busy time, but generally, I like being busy. As a writer, it's good to be busy...

But, there have been some other things I wanted to catch up. I've penned a new editorial over at
MediaWhack at the Mutant Pulpit on the subject of - of all things - that great old game system, the Atari 2600.

And because I've received a few letters over at
my web site on the topic, I've updated my home office/collectibles museum photographs. You can find the pages here: one, two, three, four and five, or just follow the first link. Be patient though. These photos are (mostly) in color, and highly detailed, so they take a little while to load.

On top of this, I still need to post here my review of Revenge of the Sith, but right now I'm trying to finish crafting an original screenplay for the annual Final Draft script contest, which closes on June 15th.

So watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...