Friday, September 23, 2005

Monsterfest 2: The Armageddon!


It's baaaaaaaack!

The second annual Monsterfest Convention has been scheduled for Saturday, October 8th, 2005 at the Chesapeake Central Library in Chesapeake, Virginia, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. I'll be there as a guest to discuss horror films of the 1980s - including the slasher paradigm, "rubber reality," horror iconography, and other trends from the "Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid" Decade.

Other notable guests at Monsterfest 2: The Sequel (or Bride of Monsterfest...) include TV host Dr. Madblood and his crew, and Christopher Wayne Curry, co-author of Taste of Blood: The Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis, who I interviewed on this site not too long ago. As you can tell from the cool flyer (left), the show is open and free to the public, and there'll be costume contests and the world premiere of the Madblood documentary. Very cool.

Plan to attend this great horror con if you can. Last year was a blast! I'll be there selling and signing copies of my books, peddling used horror videos (and DVDs), and I would love it if you stopped by at my table to chat.

It's gonna be a spooky good time. Find more about it the con at the Bride of Monsterfest web-site!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...