Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Update to Retro Toy Flashback # 21: 2006 Star Trek Hallmark Ornaments


I don't know if you Star Trek fans out there got to see (or purchase...) these collectibles, but Hallmark released two new ornaments in 2006 to celebrate the fortieth anniversary of the original series. My mother-in-law up in Richmond (who started off my collection of Trek ornaments in 1992...) bought them both for me, and I can testify...they're both gorgeous. Beautifully crafted.

First, there's the classic series U.S.S. Enterprise. The box reads: "A flagship of Starfleet, USS Enterprise NCC-1701 embarked on its historic five year mission in 2264. Commanded by Captain James T. Kirk, the STARSHIP ENTERPRISE transported us to the final frontier for unparalleled adventure."

Then, the second ornament is "The Transporter Chamber." The box on this one reads "...Captain Kirk, Science Officer Spock and Chief Engineer Scott enter the transporter chamber. The crewmembers are then converted into a beam of energy and reassembled in another location to begin their mission. No Starfleet vessel leaves spacedock without one."

I hope you collectors out there kept your eyes open for these. I was surprised when I opened the package. I didn't realize there were new ornaments released for Christmas '06, and was thrilled to see that both items were from the Original Series...still (and always...) my favorite Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...