Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bad Omens: Captions that Didn't Make the Cut...

In my books, Horror Films of the 1970s and Horror Films of the 1980s, I included some photographs and captions that didn't quite make the cut in the book. I thought the captions were funny, but perhaps they crossed a line of appropriateness (especially in a scholarly-type book...). Interestingly, both of the deleted or altered captions come from The Omen film series. What's that about?

In Horror Films of the 1970s, I captioned this photo (left) of Gregory Peck and Patrick Troughton (My favorite Time Lord...) with the phrase, "Pull My Finger." Too much?
















Then, in Horror Films of the 1980s, I captioned this portrait of the Anti-Christ (Sam Neill) from The Final Conflict: Omen III (1981) with the sentence: "He'll Get You in The End." For those who haven't seen the film, that's a not-very subtle reference to Damien's *ahem* preferences in the bedroom. If you've seen the film, hopefully you get it.

But anyway...just thought I'd share that with you today.

1 comment:

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...