Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Horror! The Horror!

Not long ago, one of my favorite blogs, Vault of Horror, produced an excellent (and apparently highly controversial...) list of the Cyber-Horror Elite's' "top" horror films of all time.

Now adding to the fun and list-making is the site, No Ripcord, which has anted-up its own tabulation of nineteen "favorite" genre movies.

This list, compiled by editor and film scholar George Booker, includes such favorites as John Carpenter's The Thing (1981), the Cronenberg remake of The Fly (1986) and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974).


This tally also offers some highly-defensible modern selections. I was gratified, for instance to see that Hostel (2005) made the list. You can read my review of Hostel here. David Lynch and Ingmar Bergman also make the fascinating roll.

You can read the entire article here.

1 comment:

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...