Tuesday, August 17, 2010

John Carpenter's The Ward To Premiere in Toronto

It looks as thoughThe Ward -- John Carpenter's first feature film in almost a decade (since 2001's Ghosts of Mars) -- will premiere at The Toronto International Film Festival this fall, during the week September 9 - 19th, 2010.

From The Hollywood Reporter:


John Carpenter is making a long-awaited return to the big screen with the world premiere in Toronto of "The Ward," a thriller about a young woman, played by Amber Heard, in a 1960s mental institution who becomes terrorized by malevolent unseen forces.

To help celebrate the return of J.C. to the silver screen, fellow blogger and friend J.D. at Radiator Heaven is launching John Carpenter Week from October 3 to October 9, 2010. Count me in! I've been jonesing for a reason to buy the Escape from New York Blu Ray...

4 comments:

  1. cool! I had no idea...thanks for posting this, am excited about the Ward and the blogathon as I just watched THE FOG last night and was in mad raptured awe over how much I'd grown to love it (5th time). Carpenter ages like fine wine, like Hawks! Tell us how the blu ray is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:13 PM

    Awesome!! I can't wait to see what Carpenter comes up with! I loved his short Masters of Horror flick, Cigarette Burns and think it is one of the best of the series.
    Dreaded Dreams
    Petunia Scareum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the plug, John! Much appreciated. I look forward to any and all contributions. I'm really curious to see what people will do for it and, of course, excited with the prospects of a new Carpenter film on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my friends,

    I am as excited as you are that John Carpenter will be back on the big screen soon, where his cinematic vision belongs! I will definitely let you know, Erich, how that blu ray is :)


    Trick or Treat Pete: I am going to re-watch those episodes you mentioned in preparation for The Ward!

    I can't wait to participate in this, J.D. Good show!

    best,
    John

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...