Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Outlaw Vern reviews Savage Dawn (1985)



 The incomparable Outlaw Vern, at Then Fuck You, Jack: The Life and Art of Vern, yesterday reviewed Savage Dawn, a 1985 post-apocalyptic effort starring Lance Henriksen

Snippet:

SAVAGE DAWN is a post-apocalyptic-town-harassed-by-bikers movie very similar to STEEL FRONTIER except way crappier looking and without all the great cars and car stunts. I’d almost give it a very, very lenient semi-pass just because Lance Henriksen, with bleach blond hair, gets one of his rare leading man roles, except… no, I wouldn’t want anybody to think I sort of recommended this movie. The best thing I can say is I’ve seen worse...

...Henriksen plays Stryker, a mysterious veteran badass who has been away somewhere for a while and now came back for some reason. In my opinion you can tell that he’s cool because his name is Stryker. I don’t think there’s ever been a weenie named Stryker, only heroic warriors and villains. In this case it’s the heroic warrior.

Please read the whole piece.  The impressive Vern never disappoints.

1 comment:

  1. Never a boring read over at Outlaw Vern's, that's for sure. Entertaining as hell. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

50 Years Ago: Planet Earth (1974)

Planet Earth  (1974) aired fifty years ago today, represents creator Gene Roddenberry's second effort to get his  Genesis II  (1973) ser...