Monday, July 02, 2012

Come See Me at Fantasci this Saturday



I'll be speaking at the Fantasci Tenth Anniversary Convention in Chesapeake, Virginia, this Saturday morning, and I hope to see some readers there.  

I go on at 10:30 am to give a talk I call "The Horror Genome Project," about the horror films of the 1990s.  The premise is basically that genetic science is to horror films of the nineties (like Mimic, Deep Blue Sea, Jurassic Park, X-Files: Fight the Future, etc.) what the atomic bomb was to horror films of the fifties: a galvanizing theme and a reflection of fears about science (and scientists) run amok.

Check out the link to the party, here, and if you happen to be close-by, come and see me and watch the presentation!  I plan to attend the con from 9:00 to noon, or thereabouts and would love to say hello.

I’m really looking forward to being back at Fantasci.  It was at this show, five years ago, where I premiered my web series, The House Between (2007 – 2009), which I hope to have fully available – all 21 episodes, newly re-edited – on DVD and streaming soon.

And remember, if you work at a University or for a convention that would like to have me speak (or deliver one of my seminars, like "Savage Cinema,") contact me at Muirbusiness@yahoo.com and we'll see what we can work out.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:56 PM

    Due to geographic location I will not be there. However, John I want to wish you the best on your speech about this subject that you are extremely knowledgeable about. Your audience will be fortunate to attend this convention.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SGB,

      Man, I wish you could be there, but I totally understand about geographical concerns. Thank you for the good luck wishes about my speech, my good friend.

      Best,
      John

      Delete

Enter The House Between picks up Hermes Creative Award (Platinum!) for 2024

Enter The House Between, our audio drama that finished airing its first season in October of 2023, picked up its second award yesterday!  T...