Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shazam!

My friend Fred in California -- who always alerts me to new and interesting home media releases -- gave me the heads-up this week that Shazam! The Complete Series (1974 - 1977) has just been released on DVD.  

For those who don't remember, this is another live-action, Saturday morning series from Filmation, along the lines of Ark II (1976) or Space Academy (1977).   I have fond memories of watching Shazam and Isis on Saturday mornings during my childhood.

To the best of my knowledge, the complete series hasn't been available on DVD before, so I'm thinking I need to pick it up, and select it as an upcoming Saturday morning blog retrospective (for when I finish Land of the Lost Season Two).  You can read some details about the release here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal: "Apologia"

Apologia By Ken Muir   I am a person of my age, of my time in history.    Born into an America that was on the verge of winning the greatest...