Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Reader Top Ten Science Fiction Films: Woodchuckgod

Another awesome list from reader top ten science fiction films comes in from Woodchuckgod.  
This list finds room for two of my favorite sf films from the 1970s, Logan's Run (1976) and Westworld (1972). 
Also -- and I found this intriguing -- at least three films from the 1990s are on the list as well.   This closely mirrors other lists, including my own. 
So...were the 1990s a great time for sci-fi, but not such a great time for horror?  Very interesting...
Here's Woodchuckgod's list:
"Very difficult task here indeed, John - but a fun one.  So let's go with  as the Top Ten, presented in no particular order:

1. Gattaca
2. Brazil
3. The Matrix
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. Dark City
6. Alien
7. Blade Runner
8. Star Wars
9. Logan's Run
10. Westworld



With a host of honorable mentions as follows:

Star Trek II : The Wrath of Khan
Time Bandits
Dark Star
Screamers
Escape from LA
Galaxy Quest
The Final Countdown
Pitch Black
Star Trek: First Contact
The Fifth Element
Battle Beyond the Stars
Slaughterhouse-Five
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorr
ow"
Don't forget to send me your list, readers!  Send 'em to Muirbusiness@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see "Logan's Run" getting some love!

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...