Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Ask JKM a Question: Interstellar (2014)?



A reader named Sean writes:

"Hello sir! 

I am an avid, long time reader and fellow Prometheus and Alien 3 lover so I've always respected and enjoyed your opinions and reviews, and was a little surprised you haven't reviewed the 2014 Sci Fi film Interstellar. 

I assume you missed it in theaters and are waiting to see it in on domestic release before posting a review, but it is a technically marvelous film I'd love to hear your thoughts on.

Keep up the good work John!"



Sean, thank you so much for the encouraging words, and for the question.

You guessed right: I didn't see the film in theaters, so I have been patiently waiting for the secondary release. 

I wanted to see the film in theaters, but as the parent of a young child, getting away for three hours wasn't an easy proposition.

But, I will be reviewing Interstellar today, at 8:00 am.  In just two short hours.  

I agree with you that it is a technical power-house, and I feel the film that aspires to be more than mere entertainment. I have now seen the film twice, and hope I have a fairly good understanding of it. 

Nolan is not my favorite genre director -- though I have nothing against him, of course -- and I like his early work best (Memento, Insomnia...). 

I'll say this: Interstellar joins the list of Nolan films that I appreciate a great deal (whereas Inception does not, sadly...).  

So watch this space at 8:00 am for my full Interstellar review...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...