Sunday, June 28, 2015

At Flashbak: The Worst Things that Happen to Your Favorite Show After Cancellation


One of my articles at Flashbak this week considered the indignities that some beloved cult-TV programs endured after being cancelled.  It's not a pretty picture!

Some of the bad things featured include syndication butchery (The Sixth Sense), compilation movies (Battlestar Galactica), a starring role on MST-3K (The Gemini Man) and basic cable take-overs (Airwolf).




"We all mourn when a favorite TV series is cut down in its prime, either for lack of ratings, or because of creative differences

Yet, there is a fate worse than being axed by your host network. 

There are, in fact, several fates worse than cancellation.

Hope and pray that your favorite cult-TV series never has such an “after life” inflicted upon it."

1 comment:

  1. John brilliant analysis of this subject. Universal did it to Kolchak:The Night Stalker with several newly syndicated television movies with two episodes edited together. I believe the got Darren McGavin to do new voice-overs too.

    SGB

    ReplyDelete

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...