Sunday, May 29, 2016

At Flashbak: The Green Machine



This week at Flashbak, I remembered Marx Toy’s Green Machine.



“In the year 1977, if you were just too big for a “Big Wheel,” there was only one alternative: Marx’s The Green Machine. 

Selling for just under twenty dollars, this pedal-operated hot rod had adjustable bucket seats, “hug the road tip-proof-design,” stick-shift controls and as per-size mag-style wheel with a honeycomb design on it.

It was the perfect ride, according to promotional materials, “for guys 8 9, 10 years old who really know how to ride.” 

Hopefully, it was for gals who knew how to ride too.

Other ads described the Green Machine as “mean,” and the “ultimate in low-slung style and performance” with a “low center of gravity…”


Please continue reading at Flashbak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father's Journal, Epilogue: "My Cancer"

My friends, we have reached the final entry in my father’s journal of his battle with cancer.     I want to thank all the readers who have c...